The main mission of the BIOCAPS Innovation and Transfer Division is to implement an innovation strategy at the Institute of Biomedical Research of Vigo (IBIV) with the following objectives:
- Implementation of a competitive Innovation and Technology Transfer model, designed after benchmarking the best practices of the main research centres in the European Union.
- Promotion of an innovative culture at the IBIV, through early scouting, implementation of inspiring activities and training in Intellectual Property protection and Innovation matters.
- Identification of valuable early research ideas in Biomedicine.
- Legal protection of research results and technologies developed at the IBIV.
- Promotion of the economic evaluation of scientific and technological research results.
- Provision of management and funds for the initial stages of development of the new technologies for achieving transfer goals, such as licensing patent rights and starting new companies.
- Promoting collaborations between researchers and companies to develop new innovative research projects.
- Stimulating an entrepreneurial culture and support for the creation of spinoffs.
- Making an impact in biomedical innovation at the Galician, Spanish and European levels.